Saturday, November 22, 2008

My days off

Okay so it's cold outside and normally I take my vacation days in the summer but I had a few days to take before the end of the year, So I took em. I really needed those mental health days. It's been rather nice to sleep in a little and spend time with my husband.I've also had time to work on my pair of sock that I work on then hibernate for a few then work on again. Well I'm happy to announce that I finally finished my first pair of socks last night. I now am a proud owner of one pair of bamboo sock and even have enough to make another pair.



I also finished my scarf that I started last weekend. I love the colors and texture of this yarn. Very soft I only wish I had bought more of this when my friend Jeanne and I went to the stitches Midwest show. the scarf could have been a little longer.
I also got my birthday present from her. I knew she'd find it eventually. She's so funny, she's always misplacing something. Anyway I got a shawl pin it's absolutely beautiful the wood is so smooth, I cant wait to get my shawl done to use it.



I also have started my next pair of socks this time using soy silk yarn. I am bound and determined to do this pair without help. Although I love Jeanne for all her help and understanding especially when she has just come home from work. And then she has to help me...She loves me.



Well I must say I feel like I accomplished something on my days off.. I feel much better, more relaxed. My husband and I even watched our grand daughter today. She is so funny. Still can't understand her all of the time, I think she has her own language. We went to the store, had ty tys (french fries). played with her kitchen she helped papa build his puzzle. And as an ending to the the day I thought I'd add a end of day picture of puppies relaxing in the chair with one of there favorite toys
these milkbone lambs wool puppies. These things I swear are indestructible, my male dog Jeebs tears apart every baby he and his sister have, but not these. Kudos to Milkbone




2 comments:

NatRed2 said...

YAY!!! One pair of socks down...umpteen more to go. Ok I am NOT going to help you this time ;)

the scarf looks great too btw!!

LOL... the word verification was gamption...is that anything like gumption?

Kelpy's korner said...

Ya know your really gonna miss the day I don't come to you and say " I have no clue what I did but I messed somthin up Can ya fix it"!

Ya your right word verification is a little weird what the hell is cepefirm????