Friday, December 19, 2008

Winter Storm #2 or is it #3 now....

So they had been warning on the news since Tuesday that we were in for another winter storm that was going to be worse than the one that hit us Tuesday afternoon... Really what could be worse than driving home in rush hour and have a 14 to 15 mile trip take you 2 1/2 hrs. Well knowing it was going to be bad I set the alarm for 5 am thinking I gotta leave by 6am in order to make it by 830 or 9 am.
I look out the window bleary eyed due to lack of coffee and sleep and what do I see more white stuff and it's still snowing at a pretty good clip, So I get ready and leave around 6:30 am Thanks to my honey for cleaning off and starting my truck, Not much is plowed main road have at least 5 or 6 inches of snow and you follow the person that's gone through before you. intersections are even deeper, four lane road reduced to two. Unfortunately I forgot the camera and I guess it's not totally wise to try to take pictures while driving, although I did manage to take one on my phone.
And go figure I got to work in 45 minutes, not sure if it was the 4 wheel drive or the fact most thought it the perfect opportunity to have a 3 day weekend. Now who's the dumb one...Hmmmm.



This was while driving to work this morning really there is a stop light up there somewhere..



Here are pictures from my work in Lake Forest



Oh did I mention we are due to get another 1 to 3 inches tomorrow and another storm on Christmas Eve
************LET IT SNOW * LET IT SNOW * LET IT SNOW *************

1 comments:

NatRed2 said...

Days like this make me glad to have the gas guzzlers that we do.